Bi-centenary celebrations at Ursuline Convent, Waterford

On 7th October sisters from across Ireland joined with the sisters of our three Waterford communities, present and past staff of the convent, past and present students and staff of their schools, parishioners, neighbours and friends along with Bishop Alphonsus Cullinane of Waterford and Lismore, Bishop Emeritus William Lee, Fr Gerry Chestnutt PP and School Chaplain, and clergy from the area to mark this occasion of the bi-centenary of the founding of the Ursuline Convent, Waterford in 1816.

Sr Barbara Burke welcomed all to the Sacred Heart Parish Church for the celebration Mass followed by lunch for 500 in the Secondary School.  It was a time of remembering and thanksgiving for all that has happened over these 200 years of Ursuline ministry in the area – in school and in parish.